If your child is four years old, then they’re nearly ready for school…but are they really ready? La Esperanza Child Development Center, LLC can ensure your child is ready for the academic and social challenges of kindergarten and beyond.
Preparing Your Child for Kindergarten
There is a lot that your four-year-old needs to know to be ready for kindergarten. La Esperanza CDC’s focus on whole child development will ensure they have the academic and social skills they need for kindergarten success!
Our early childhood program for four-year-olds includes:
- Literacy skills
- Recognition of written letters and their sounds
- Recognition of their printed name
- Practice and mastery of consonant blend sounds
- Formation of letters, blends and short words
- Writing their first name
- Math skills
- Recognition of numbers and their place in the counting sequence
- Counting and sorting
- Simple addition facts
- Recognition and creation of simple patterns
- Listening skills
- Listening to a variety of language experiences, including Bible stories, nursery rhymes and repetition of colors, numbers, animals, etc.
- Listening and following directions
- Working with peers to complete a task or play cooperatively
Academic, social and fine motor skills are also developed through hands-on arts and crafts and science lessons.
While your child is challenged to grow intellectually and socially, we do not push children beyond their abilities so that they continue to love learning and the (pre)school experience.
A Time-Tested Early Childhood Curriculum
La Esperanza CDC is proud to implement the Creative Curriculum® for our four-year-old pre-kindergarten program. The developers of Creative Curriculum have been providing early childhood learning curricula and resources for more than 30 years. The curriculum is continually updated and provides ample opportunities for our experienced teachers to personalize the lessons and activities to meet our students’ needs.